For the purpose of GDPR the data controllers are Serac Limited and Serac Life Sciences Limited
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this document and suggest that you occasionally check on our website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
Data we may collect and process
Information you may give us
- Email address
- And where provided: name, organisation, phone numbers and any other personal identifiable information you may give us
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information: includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Usage data: includes information about how you use our website
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session or they can be stored for longer. Your browser settings can also enable you to clear cookies on exit from specified websites.
What we will use your data for
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Answering queries you have made of us and any further communication with you in relation to the initial or other topics that may arise
- Where we need to perform activities for a contract that we have entered into or are about to enter into with you.
- To keep you up to date with the progress of our businesses
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- You will only receive marketing communications from us where you have opted to do so or where you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
The legal basis on which we will use your data will usually be one or more of: Performance of Contract, Legitimate Interest, Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For further details please see Appendix 1.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information within and between Serac Limited or Serac Life Sciences Ltd and any members of our group (subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006)
We may share your information with selected third parties for the performance of any agreements we enter into with you e.g. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Serac Limited and Serac Life Sciences Ltd, our clients, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
The data that we collect from you via emails, other electronic documents or in hardcopy format will be stored within the European Economic Area ("EEA").
In any event, your data will only ever be transferred to organisations where an EU approved code of practice in relation to data protection has been adopted.
- You have the right to access personal data and other supplementary data that we hold about you and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- If you believe any of the information that we hold is inaccurate or incomplete you may request that it be rectified or completed.
- You have the right to request erasure of personal data that we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask for us to restrict the use of your data for certain purposes.
- You have the right to withdraw consent for use of your data at any time where we are relying on consent to process your data.
- You have the right to object to processing that occurs on the basis of legitimate interests, direct marketing, or scientific / historical research and statistics.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances
If at any time you wish to follow up on any of the above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appendix 1- Legal basis for collecting and using personal information
- Performance of Contract, processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest: In the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: Processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.